Re: THE PADME CUP! (Padme League 2018)

Very interesting your summaries Arvis, as always. Thanks for the work. Mertens is out too. Only 5 live PTs.

Everyone but poor Lexus had Cibbie in Budapest, but nobody had AVU, so not a lot happened here.  Only a mere 59 points separated first (Murree, HTS) from second-to-last (several people).  The top scorers managed 300, while Lexus finished with 62.

It was a completely different story in Dubai, though!  We have two winners, Arvis and Dtrain, both of them only 5 points shy of the 1000 mark!  They were, however, less than 100 over 3rd place TE.  Many had Champ Svitolina on their team, so there wasn't too much of a gap in the standings.  However, this tournament was a big gut-punch for the five who failed to take the Ukrainian winner.  Of those, Snolly did the best but still finished 4 points shy of 400.  Spotec did the worst with 158, rounding out an utterly nightmarish fantasy week for him.

While Tenny and BHP were among the lowest scoring Svitolina pickers, they still did enough to maintain the #1 and #2 spots, respectively.  HTS bumped Tono and Adunar down 1 spot each, taking the #3 position.
Spotec finds himself in last now, with even less points than Dtrain, who has only made 6 teams to spotec's 11.

thx arvis for letting me know the details smile

2017 King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champion, Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award

Can I make my picks in Fantasy Tennis League and Tennis Draw Challenge on my cellphone.  I will be going too Puerto Vallarta Mexico tomorrow morning at 6:00am and I won't be back till March 5th.

Dtrain wrote:

Can I make my picks in Fantasy Tennis League and Tennis Draw Challenge on my cellphone.  I will be going too Puerto Vallarta Mexico tomorrow morning at 6:00am and I won't be back till March 5th.

yes you can make your TDC picks on your phone...I don't play FTL so I'm not sure about that site.

Have fun in PV my doubles partner!
SUN SCREEN! smile

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Thanks Milo I will Sunscreen is packed 100%

Make sure it's 60 SPF!

There are 24 hours in a day.  You gotta have 60 hour protection.  If the sun fails to go down, you'll be ready.

That coconut scented force field will block out the sun's rays.  And any other rays.  From another sun.  In another galaxy.

Only 5 of us had Tsurenko in Acapulco, with TE coming out #1 with 450 points.  Tono managed less than 100, embarrassingly, but 6 others fell shy of 200.

While Tenedab maintains a tenuous 200+ point grip on the lead here, hard-charging HTS gains yet another ranking spot, now in #2 and threatening for the lead.
Spotec has seen his way out of the basement, back ahead of Dtrain, with Aiur falling into last place.

Nice summaries. Thanks.

GOOO BHP!

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Not a lot to report here, as we all went with pretty obvious picks.  Some of the more interesting ones:
- Goerges (HTS, Tono, Arvis)
- Konta (Aiur, Tono, BHP)
- Venus (TE, Adunar, Tenedab)
- Strycova (Dwight, Snolly)
- Vesnina (Tenedab)

Other than those, it's all the 8 most popular picks in here.

Arvis wrote:

Not a lot to report here, as we all went with pretty obvious picks.  Some of the more interesting ones:
- Goerges (HTS, Tono, Arvis)
- Konta (Aiur, Tono, BHP)
- Venus (TE, Adunar, Tenedab)
- Strycova (Dwight, Snolly)
- Vesnina (Tenedab)

Other than those, it's all the 8 most popular picks in here.

Thanks for the update Arvis! All I can say is...GOOO JO! 

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Thanks Arvis.

Not sure why I seem to like players that have a last name that starts with a K...

Konta...out
Keys...out
Kyrgios...out
Kerber...lost first set vs Makarova
Kvitova...barely won last match

then there is Grigor...? 

what the K is happening?

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Milo wrote:

Not sure why I seem to like players that have a last name that starts with a K...

Konta...out
Keys...out
Kyrgios...out
Kerber...lost first set vs Makarova
Kvitova...barely won last match

then there is Grigor...? 

what the K is happening?

Kvitova out.........

This does not seem oh "K" to me...

Murreee wrote:

This does not seem oh "K" to me...

You're correct Tomas this is not oh K...
it's KRAZY!

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

The K's are Killers in IW.....I wanted to pick Pliskova but I have already taken her three times so left her out, hopefully Simona can stop her going deep.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Don't worry BHP, Kasatkina is still in the draw, I expect her to deal with everyone in her half wink

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Too bad that is one K I left off my team.  sad

Last edited by Milo (Mar. 14, 2018 2:58pm)

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

oh...

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Venus turned out to be a star.

Indeed she has been tenedab.......she was my IF ONLY pick in Padme this week, if only I didn't swap her out late for Goerges, DOH!!

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

I wavered, then went for the wrong sister!

A nutty IW resulted in low scores, with TE, Adunar, and Tenny barely breaking 1000 and getting the win.  That's 380 points over last place, which is decent, but a very low margin for a 900/1000 tourney.  That's what happens when literally nobody takes the Winner or Runner-Up.

Tenny went in with the Overall lead, so he maintains his positions, as do #2 HTS and #3 BHP.  Aiur, unfortunately, didn't have the lowest IW score, but still didn't do enough to get out of the basement.