Re: 2018 Aussie Open

I only called Murreee naive which is hardly too insulting, Don.

My posts are for the most part respectful observations of my
30+ year perceptions of the ATP Tour!!!

Nut job? Goofball? Your kidding right, Don!!! My observations
of the ATP Tour are obviously NOT popular on this forum but
they are NOT nutjob/goofball/or nuts!!!

There are solid opinions on both sides but my opinions definitely
have some merit, Don!!! Just GOOGLE search......"Tennis match
fixing in 2017" and you will see some evidence of my assertions
being possibly correct!!!

I respect the opinions of the many fans on this forum and have
appologized for any condescending comments I may have made
to certain fans!!!

I never stated my knowledge of tennis is superior to the fans on
this forum!!! My observations on tennis are my perceptions/observations
on the evolution of the ATP Tour which I make to provoke a discussion
among the many fans of this forum!!! I know most of you do NOT want to
hear any these perceptions/observations anymore thus the reason they should
be put to rest because they have been debated enough!!! The stuff I discuss
will NEVER be reported by the media and may NEVER be proven correct but
in a world that is consumed with greed it is always very smart to keep an open
mind,Don!!!

Last edited by sneaky (Jan. 13, 2018 4:36pm)

Literally all but two of us (Snolly with Grigor and Lexus with Rafa) picked Fed to win AO 2018 in brackets.

Meanwhile, in Women's brackets, I'm not even going to try to summarize.  It's ridiculous.  But it does look like Svitolina of all people is the Favorite, with 5 of us backing her to win it all.

I do believe you actually believe that, sneaky.  However, everyone else disagrees with you.  Are you aware of that?
  The depth and breadth of your delusions are really fairly spectacular.

Last edited by Don (Jan. 14, 2018 11:34pm)

Is the scoring working for the GSFT site - I haven't seen any score updates yet so hopefully...

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

The people who input the data may not be working right now, Murreee.  But it will happen.

Lexus has already lost TWO semifinalists in his women's bracket, including his Champ.  Woof.  Not a good first day to his Yoda career. But it's all uphill from here for Lexus!

Don wrote:

I do believe you actually believe that, sneaky.  However, everyone else disagrees with you.  Are you aware of that?
  The depth and breadth of your delusions are really fairly spectacular.

Well I guess according to Don's definition of delusional certain media publications
must also be delusional!!! LOL.....the New York Post,Washington Post, UK publications,
also USA Today, and ESPN.com all posted articles on match fixing in 2017!!!

Don these are major media publications that are indeed credible and should be respected!!!
These articles are NOT stating it is true but simply their is reason to believe it can be true
and deserves further investigation!!! Do NOT close your mind Don because we live in a world
that is consumed with greed that nobody can imagine!!!

With Vandeweghe out now it looks like a huge chance for either
Wozniacki or Svitolina to make the final!!! They lucked out
because all the big hitters are all on the top half of the draw!!!
If either one are to win a major it certainly looks like it will
happen at the 2018 Australian Open!!!

Last edited by sneaky (Jan. 15, 2018 3:15pm)

Murreee wrote:

Mens Final - Thiem vs Zverev

Womens Final - Azarenka vs Sharapova

So let it be written = So let it be done..!!!

Saw you went with Maria in Yoda Cup. A pick you've been hanging onto for a while it seems. Interesting gamble.

2018: Guru Race Winner (2019 Yoda Cup Guru), Australian Open Yoda Cup Champion, Wimbledon Yoda Cup Champion, Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

I'm going to boldly predict that he's wrong about Azarenka, though

Dwight's Men's Bracket here is UNBELIEVABLE so far!!  He even got Schwartzman and PCB right.  He's got a massive lead for this point in the comp.

There seems to be a glitch on the TDC site that is keeping Svitolina's match from updating..!!!

Todays matches have all updated from 3rd round but Svitolina is still only showing 2nd round on the team standings - and on the bracket qualifier #9 never updated and Svitolina has not turned green for the 3rd round... This may be why it is not updating the WTA team standings...

Has anyone noticed this..???

Last edited by Murreee (Jan. 19, 2018 11:09pm)

2018 Lord Vader

yes...the reason is that the qualifier from rd one the 15 year old is not in our database and must be added before the result can be updated. Svito beat her yesterday so she has not gotten credit in the bracket or team format. This will be updated very soon.

Last edited by Milo (Jan. 20, 2018 12:28am)

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Thanks for the update Milo - And congrats on your great WTA Team selections in the TDC...

PS: I'm not far behind and it comes down to Kerber vs Sharapova..!!!

Last edited by Murreee (Jan. 20, 2018 12:33am)

2018 Lord Vader

how did that Kerber vs Maria match up go? wink

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

You won this time... This is why you are the top player in the world and I am still in training...

But it is a long season and I am not giving up..!!!

PS: I am a Kerber fan and I knew she was playing great coming into the tournament - I don't know what I was thinking with Sharapova - Anyway - it only destroyed my chance to win..!!!

2018 Lord Vader

Arvis wrote:

Dwight's Men's Bracket here is UNBELIEVABLE so far!!  He even got Schwartzman and PCB right.  He's got a massive lead for this point in the comp.

It was nice while it lasted... now that the Dimitrov chicken has come home to roost... smile

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Disappointed by the outcome of the Kerber match, especially given that I picked her to win the tournament.  However, I must give creds to Halep, who impressed me for the first time really with her fortitude and willingness to go for the lines in the closing stages - to me, what made the difference was that she played like a world #1, which of course she is - for now...

Last edited by Ronaldobiscottini (Jan. 25, 2018 6:10am)

Congrats to HTS on his dominant bracket win here!  The only one with Cilic in the final, he won by a staggering 22 points.

And a big congrats to Adunar for winning the women's bracket!  Snollygoster couldn't quite clip him at the end with his Wozniacki Champ pick, falling short by 2 points.