Topic: Dominic Thiem

Anyone besides me that think Dominic Thiem might get his big breakthrough in this year's Wimbledon?

Re: Dominic Thiem

Hmm, not sure about THIS year, but he's destined for the Top 5 for sure.  I'm curious to see how he does on the grass.

-Arvis

I guess it depends a lot on where he ends up in the draw. I'm also curious on how he play on grass, never seen him on that surface. Let's see if he manage Goffin in Queens first ;-)

Goffin has a big serve, but if the rally goes beyond... let's say, two strokes, then Thiem's gonna win the point.  That is, unless he is terrible on grass.  I really have no idea.

-Arvis

Thiem out in straight sets! I guess he may struggle with grass. Pity, I didn't have a chance to see the match.

He just Tweeted this: "I didn't expect much.  But I expected more than that."

He's got QUITE a wind-up on that forehand of his, so I thought grass might be a little bit of an adjustment for him, but 4 and 2 to Goffin is... not good at all.

-Arvis

Thiem out in 1st round in Wimbledon as well. I guess he has a lot to improve on grass before I would even mention his name again wink

He'll make hay on American hard courts this year, you can be sure.

-Arvis

HundredTennisStats wrote:

Thiem out in 1st round in Wimbledon as well. I guess he has a lot to improve on grass before I would even mention usopen.golf.com again wink

He still does.

Last edited by Marsden (Jan. 21, 2018 4:24am)

Holy crap, we were talking about this 3.5 years ago.