Topic: How to create your team - a workaround

Hey guys, so sorry about the bug that is preventing you from creating your team. We are working on a fix, but in the meantime there is a workaround. If you click "edit team" you can go to the "My 8 Team Members" box and delete every player in that box. It currently contains all 128 players in the tournament, but it only takes a minute or two to delete all of them. You can then proceed and create your team. Again, so sorry about this. I can't wait until we launch the new site before the French.

Re: How to create your team - a workaround

Problem is that even when you do that - It will still let you pick 8 top ten players... I believe you are only allowed to select 5 top 16 players and 2 between 17-32 and 1 unseeded...

So some may have to repick once bug is fixed...

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Well, it does say what the team requirements are on the page.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

At least for purposes of the Yoda Cup, we'll throw out any team that doesn't follow the rules.

Thank you, Charles!! I really enjoy this fantasy tennis format, and enjoy doing this every grand slam with my wife and my dad. It's been a shame that participation has declined over the years, and with the bug on the site that's affected it before, I think that may further contribute to the decline in participation, especially if people don't navigate to this forum to learn how to make a team. I hope this site continues, and gets better to get more people involved!

I apologize for this bug - it's very strange, as the code has not changed at all, so I have no idea what could have caused this. To add to the issue the developers of the original site are not easily available on weekends, and this issue was discovered yesterday. It's a mess. but this is the last time this old site will be used - we will switch to the new site for the French.

Thanks for the work around! Team duly submitted!

Has this been fixed because I'm still showing it hasnt.

Unfortunately no, but the workaround seems to work. Have you tried that?

Great to hear!! Also, my father-in-law was trying to create a new account, but never received a confirmation e-mail so he couldn't do it ... which was frustrating.  Hopefully, the new site will be great!

Also, if you did not select your finalists and winner after deleting the 128 players and making your team, it's possible that your finalist list now has 128 players. To check, please delete the two finalists and re-add them. If other players take their place you will need to delete all 128 again.

Thanks for posting the workaround. I didn't understand at first I needed to delete all 128 and then got concerned when the numbers went higher, but kept going and eventually cleared them all and was able to set my team.

Hi Charles,

I don't have enough time to do this workaround before the tournament starts. Here is my team for honesty's sake. Can you please insert this from me?

Nadal
Tsonga
Federer
Zverev
Del Potro
Djokovic
Gilles Simon
Kyle Edumund
F: Federer/Tsonga
W: Federer

Pliskova
Svitolina
V. Williams
Garcia
Kerber
Cibulkova
Strycova
Sharapova
F: Svitolina/Pliskova
W: Svitolina

The time delay (3mins after tournament started) was the 5 mins it took me to write this team down

Sorry, I realised I have too many top 16 seeds for men. Please replace Djokovic with Schwartzman. Thank you.

If you had enough time to write that post, you had enough time to do the workaround.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

could someone please tell me what is the number in ( ) after scores in the standings?

Sets won

Thanks Arvis

hi charles,

i saw this instruction which you gave to save the team.

however, i just deleted the player who i didnt want and as the players kept appearing I let them stay in the team.

I did not delete the players and it kept saying your team has been saved. SO i assumed that team was saved.
BUt today once the tournament started was shocked to see team did not exist.

kindly look into this.

I went through the same
24 hrs back i saved my team, now it shows i did not participate sad
Kindly look into it please

Loveyousteffi wrote:

hi charles,

i saw this instruction which you gave to save the team.

however, i just deleted the player who i didnt want and as the players kept appearing I let them stay in the team.

I did not delete the players and it kept saying your team has been saved. SO i assumed that team was saved.
BUt today once the tournament started was shocked to see team did not exist.

kindly look into this.

Is there a new fantasy tennis website for the upcoming French Open?