Re: Test of the new GSFT

It should let you log in. I just tested and was able to log in.

charles wrote:

It should let you log in. I just tested and was able to log in.

I was able to log in too.

I logged in OK with new email etc

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

I used a new email and was able to log in - hopefully both email accounts will be cleared before new site is launched... I have no more emails to use otherwise,,, Thanks

it said to use your email to log in but then I tried my username and I was successful. oi

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

are we doing this today?

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

I found a bug today related to tournaments that we will need to fix before starting. Sorry about that. I will let you know when it's fixed.

ok....no problem.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Can now log in on both emails and have been able to select my teams. The big plus, for me, is that I can now use my IPAD for team selection. Will check out my phone later.

It still says "drag and drop player" in the team selection, even though it doesn't use that mechanic anymore.

I really like the "view/download draw sheet" options right there, that will be very convenient for a lot of people.

Layout could use a little bit of work.  Instead of ridiculously tiny "Add Member" buttons placed unintuitively, maybe something like a large arrow icon between one box and the next that would show where the players are moving from and towards.  Just an idea, it totally works just fine as it is now, but I just thought there might still be too much room for user error as is.

Seeing the Men's and Women's teams at the same time on the home screen is very cool!

Should we all try requesting to join Yoda Cup to test that particular function?

charles wrote:

I found a bug today related to tournaments that we will need to fix before starting. Sorry about that. I will let you know when it's fixed.

please see above...

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

The show function and draw functions don't work for me.
When I click on ATP players they all go to Federer, when I click on WTA players they go to a page not found on WTA website or some dodgy site. I personally wouldn't use player links.
Otherwise I agree with Arvis's initial points.

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Show and draw functions not working. Player links as for TE.

The drag function now works on the IPAD but it will not allow me to ‘drop’ the player.

So the test site is up and running now, please feel free to create your team. I created a test tournament called Australian Open 2017. Everyone should be able to create a team now. Keep in mind that the user interface on the team selection page has been changed to check boxes (from drag and drop). Currently each box has a small, hard to see button such as "Add Member" and "Add Finalist" that you will need to click to actually add the players to that list. These buttons will be removed before the site goes live.

And thanks for all of your help with this!!

I like the check box format as I can make my teams using my cell phone...the drag and drop method doesn't work with my phone.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Milo wrote:

I like the check box format as I can make my teams using my cell phone...the drag and drop method doesn't work with my phone.

Agreed! Being able yo use phone and IPad on the new site would be a major plus for those of us who are away from home when making picks.

Big plus that we can make picks from Phone. Would like a bit more white space on the sides on iPhone, right now it's very tight

Has everyone who wants to participate created a team? If so I'll get it started.

Ready - Set -

All set up! The selection boxes are pretty tiny on the phone.

Oops i forgot to pick cilic and kei for that US open :-P

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon