Topic: 2017 TDC and YODA CREW Competition Champions

The names of the TDC and YODA CREW competitions with 2017 Season Champions

OZ---Yoda Cup Guru - Season Guru Race Winner in Yoda GSFT

ATP on TDC

TENNIS ELBOW---Obi Wan Master & Challenge Cup Champ - Overall Yoda Crew TDC ATP Season Bracket Champ

DWIGHT---Lord Vader & Vader Trophy Champ - Yoda Crew TDC ATP Teams Season Champ

DWIGHT---Chivalrous Wookie Champ & Chewbacca Medalist - Yoda Crew TDC ATP GS Season Champ

SPOTEC---King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champ - Yoda Crew TDC ATP Masters 1000 Season Bracket Champ

AIUR---Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ - Yoda Crew TDC ATP 500 Season Bracket Champ

TENNIS ELBOW---Silver Droid & Lando Calrissian Ring Champ - Yoda Crew TDC ATP 250 Season Bracket Champ

WTA on TDC

TONO---Rey Saber Mistress & Challenge Cup Champ - Overall Yoda Crew TDC WTA Season Bracket Champ

TONO---Senator Padme & Padme Cup Champ - Yoda Crew TDC WTA Teams Season Champ

ADUNAR---Crown Princess & Princess Leia Champ - Yoda Crew TDC WTA GS Season Champ

EDU---Queen Droid & BB-8 Challenge Cup Champ - Yoda Crew TDC WTA 900-1000 Season Bracket Champ

TONO---Diamond Droid & Captain Phasma Helmet Champ - Yoda Crew TDC WTA 470 Season Bracket Champ

TENEDAB---Ruby Droid & Jar Jar Dartboard Champ - Yoda Crew TDC WTA 280 Season Bracket Champ

Last edited by Milo (Nov. 4, 2017 1:08pm)

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Re: 2017 TDC and YODA CREW Competition Champions

Yoda Crew Men's Guru - Tenedab.  Defeated 2nd place Wimbledonut by 8 points.

Yoda Crew Women's Guru - Oz.  Defeated 2nd place Edu by 184 points.

First congrats to Oz and Tenedab!

Thanks, spotec.

bump

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Player of the Year (POTY) race:

As I understand it, POTY is determined by results in the Big 5 competitions: Yoda, Obi Wan, Vader, Rey, and Padme.

points for Yoda:
1st = 7
2nd = 5
3rd = 3
4th = 2
5th = 1

points for Obi Wan, Vader, Rey, and Padme
1st = 5
2nd = 3
3rd = 1

If this is not correct please correct it.  If it is correct, perhaps we should start a POTY thread with this info??

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

As of today I calculate the POTY race at
Yoda (final)
7 - OZ
5 - dwight
3 - tenedab
2 - Edu
1 - TE

Rey (final)
5 - Tono
2 - Tenedab
2 - TE
(because Tenedab and TE tied for 2nd I added points for 2nd and 3rd and then averaged (3+1)/2 = 2)

Padme (final)
5 - Tono
3 - tenedab
1 - TE

Obi Wan (interim)
5 - TE
3 - Tono
1 - dwight

Vader (interim)
5 - dwight
3 - TE
1 - HTS

Adding this up, the POTY race stands at
13 - Tono (= 0+5+5+3+0)
12 - TE (= 1+2+1+5+3)
11 - dwight (= 5+0+0+1+5)
8 - tenedab (= 3+2+3+0+0)
7 - OZ (= 7+0+0+0+0)
2 - Edu (= 2+0+0+0+0)
1 - HTS (= 0+0+0+0+1)

There could still be some shuffling in Obi Wan and Vader that could see the order change... a very tight race for POTY

I believe we also give 2 pts fir each yoda cup win. So dragan, OZ, Jamie and Aiur get 2 extra points. At least this is how we did it last year.

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

Yep, tight race indeed. I hadn't realised til I saw this that tenedab pipped me in Padme, he had Goerges and even more impressively Withoeft in his team, well done sir! He also had significantly more correct picks in Rey than myself or Tony.

I agree that we said 2pts for Yoda Cup wins btw.

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

I agree to the need for a POTY thread with scoring spelled out clearly.
For example, in cases of a draw, do we agree with dwightcharles's method above? If there were joint winners of a tournament, they would get 4 each? Joint 3rd .5 each? What do we think? We need to decide to avoid contested results in close seasons like this one.

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

TennisElbow wrote:

Yep, tight race indeed. I hadn't realised til I saw this that tenedab pipped me in Padme, he had Goerges and even more impressively Withoeft in his team, well done sir! He also had significantly more correct picks in Rey than myself or Tony.

Thanks for your comments, TE, even though I have some difficulties with your British accent, sir.

tenedab wrote:
TennisElbow wrote:

Thanks for your comments, TE, even though I have some difficulties with your British accent, sir.

Well, I was a bit miffed, if not gutted, at first, not that I'm suggesting you're spawny. You know your onions. The last couple of weeks was a damp squib for me, whereas you had a corker. But I'm chuffed for you and I'm not going to do my nut in over it.

TennisElbow wrote:
tenedab wrote:
TennisElbow wrote:

Well, I was a bit miffed, if not gutted, at first, not that I'm suggesting you're spawny. You know your onions. The last couple of weeks was a damp squib for me, whereas you had a corker. But I'm chuffed for you and I'm not going to do my nut in over it.

Hilarious!!! smile. smile Congratulations both for outstanding performances this year!

TennisElbow wrote:
tenedab wrote:
TennisElbow wrote:

If Oxford dictionary is correct, thanks! It's a great stuff, TE.

Last edited by tenedab (Oct. 23, 2017 7:54am)

First post updated with all of the winners completed to date. smile

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Congrats to all of the winners throughout the season. The C3PO Trophy is going above my virtual fireplace.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

Yes, congratulations to all of this year’s winners! Should go on your CV!

TennisElbow wrote:

For example, in cases of a draw, do we agree with dwightcharles's method above? If there were joint winners of a tournament, they would get 4 each? Joint 3rd .5 each? What do we think? We need to decide to avoid contested results in close seasons like this one.

We need to get this sorted, because it is likely to make a difference to the final tally.  And better to do it now, while there's still uncertainty as to what the final results are.

My vote is that in case of a tie in a POTY points category, the points be divided as described by myself and TE.

Please weigh in...

With the 2 extra points for a Yoda cup win (as per Adunar, above), I believe POTY standings are currently:
TE 14
Tono 13
Dwight 11
Oz 9
Tenedab 8

But it is going to be a photo-finish.  If I can hang to Vader, it will all come down to Obi Wan (men's brackets). Mathematically, TE, Tono, and I all still have a chance, but the advantage is with TE who has a 15 point overall lead over Tono.

dwightcharles wrote:
TennisElbow wrote:

We need to get this sorted, because it is likely to make a difference to the final tally.  And better to do it now, while there's still uncertainty as to what the final results are.

My vote is that in case of a tie in a POTY points category, the points be divided as described by myself and TE.

Please weigh in...

Maybe we need to implement this for next year? It's going to be controversial to change the scoring for this year.

I agree...not enough of the Yoda Crew are seeing this. Maybe bring up during the AO.

Last edited by Milo (Nov. 2, 2017 8:58pm)

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Yes we need to have this sorted. The split points are a compromise some sports give the 2nd place points to both, some share the points between 2ns and 3rd.. hard to say.

I prefer the first option. They both got a 2nd place perfomance and both should be rewarded with 2nd place points. What do you guys say?

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE SEASON CHAMPS!

**updated**

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

So POTY is TE I believe. 
Huge congrats to TE!!!

I guess, the numbers seem so tight I'm not sure. But if I am, thanks!!