Topic: Final Thoughts on your teams?

With Wimbledon over, how did your teams end up? Did you finish where you wanted? Did any picks really pan out well? SWC? Where'd everyone finish?

Re: Final Thoughts on your teams?

I had Federer winning. Other than that, it was a horrible tournament for me.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

My men's team was good enough to keep me in contention for the year-end Yoda Crew Men's Title (I think, I haven't run the numbers yet).  But my women's team was, as usual, totally horrible.  I didn't have Muguruza and my Match Picks on that side were pretty scattershot.  Crucially, I picked Venus in the final, because she was on my team.  I am still annoyed by those 2 SPs she had in the first, but overall I am way too happy with how things went to be that upset by it.

Muguruza ended up carrying my women's team to finishing 9th overall. I went back and forth on adding her, so that was the best decision. Biggest SWC was Konta but she would've taken Halep or Muguruza's slot so not a huge regret. I had Pliskova winning over Venus so at least Venus made the final.

For the men, Gasquet and Lopez really hurt me, fortunately I had Cilic which helped a lot and of course, Fed winning

Well we pretty much all had either gasquet, lopez or kyrgios so not a lot of people won bonus points.

My regret is sticking with tipsarevic as my unseeded player. I had rublev and anderson on the line.. so lost some points there. Othwrqise i just wish halep had beaten Halep.

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

Adunar wrote:

Well we pretty much all had either gasquet, lopez or kyrgios so not a lot of people won bonus points.

I feel like those three pretty much brought everyone's scores down so that was consolation. Tipsarevic seemed like a good pick if healthy but then again so did Lopez