Topic: What makes Tennis Special

Tennis is the cornerstone of humanity. The last of the deuling men and women that can come to a gladiator arena and depart the match with a sense of pride, dignity and accomplishment. Tennis for ages has been the standard for gentility for men and women, young and old, novice or advanced in which one can always find a way to share a sport, a game and a sense of comradery with all that are either on court or in the stands to see. One may walk through an airport, a grocery store, a shooping mall or a neighborhood park and can spot or detect a tennis player from a mile away or by the first few words of conversation. The wonderful thing about tenured or at least exposed to tennis players is that most of them have the sense of "shaking hands" at the net. After a battle in life, sport, relationships and so many other realms of life, the one who has been exposed to Tennis seems to have the edge, win or lose, by knowing that at the end of the event, one can approach there opponent no matter the outcome and concede the hostility or adrenaline by saying, "good match." As in life, the quality quote by Plato, "Be kind for all are fighting their own tough battles," is prodiminent in those that wish to consciously on subconciously succeed in dealing with the trials of life. Tis why I humbly feel that tennis in one form or another should be introduced to all children in some shape or form. The learning to stop play if a ball rolls onto the court from an opposing one, a lesson to respect one's health from injury and to respect other's property. The shaking hands at the net, a lesson that no matter the outcome we are all mortal and there is no point of carrying on any grudge or hostility. The tradion of walking off the court together, a lesson that we are to stand as one in any setting to show the rest of our peers that if gladiators can after battle walk away together, that maybe as human beings we indeed to share a lot in common. The practice of calling out the score before every point, a lesson that we all are still indeed human and we may forget the smallest things that if gets just slightly off a big argument may ensue. The calling of nice shot or tapping your string bed in appreciation of a passing shot that just passed you by. A lesson that even in defeat that someone or something tried very hard to put forth the effort and practice to make that happen, which is in of itself a work of art. With the complexity of society today and the endless new trends and the likes of new generations spawning as we speak, tennis seems to remain in theory as a constant. Something we can spot from a mile away, and walk towards with a smile and say, "Hello, my name is Justin, I see you are a fellow tennis player, where are you from?' And I can almost promise you that within a short period of time that you and this new friend will speak again and use tennis as a common ground to form a long lasting bond that will eternallly remain and expand one's sense of friendship and sportsmanship on a global level. may God bless Tennis!

Re: What makes Tennis Special

up

up

Up?

-Arvis

LOL I think they mean "ditto"

How does "up" mean "ditto?"

-Arvis

I would love to answer that but I have to wait for 4 months and 2 weeks to respond. Look for an answer around OCT 29th

Cool.  I'll be looking forward to that.  It's on my calendar.

-Arvis

Where the heck is my answer, Johnny!?

up or ditto? been driving me nutty for months now!

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

It's the same thing!!! ROFL

oh...up yours!  Ditto. wink

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU