Topic: YODA HALL OF FAME!!!

Hey guys

So we've been talking A LOT (in the facebook chat) about how it is time we start to think about our Yoda crew hall of fame.

But first things first. We got to decide all of the hows and ifs implied to it. I, personally, HATE the subjectiveness all HOFs has in all sports and I also think is "too easy" to get in. So I say it has to be really hard to get in, otherwise it's not a Hall of Fame...

Things we have to decide on, please answer what you think about every topic, agree, disagree, etc:

1) What is the minimum criteria one should have to be eligible to the HOF?

After a lot of talk, my vote is 5 big titles + 1 contribution. The big titles we have are: Yoda guru, Obi Wan, Rey Saber, Vader and Padme. You don't have to have one of each but it has to be 5 total. Maybe to get in the person has to have three different titles so that way we guarantee he/she is an all round player. And the contribution is something more subjective, something that you have done (or still does) for our crew, like Tony's and Arnie's post of awesomeness.

2) Do you think the minimum standard has to obligatory be reached for someone to be nominated? If not this would make the HOF way too subjetive in my opinion.

3) After a person is nominated, we should vote if he/she gets in or not. To get in you have to have at least 60% of the votes. We got to have a minimum number of voters. What would be the minimum # of voters and do you agree with that percentage? If not, what percentage?

4) You can't nominate yourself

5) The first Yoda Hall of famer get to have a Yoda Guru title obligatory. We thought that would reflect the history of how this group began (with Yoda). Then for the others inductees, a Yoda guru title wouldn't necessary.

6) We would have a deadline to vote for nominees

Ok, that's what I remember from the top of my head. Guys in the chat, please let me know if I forgot something so I can add it.

Please, every Yoda member give your opinion.

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Nov. 3, 2016 5:59pm)

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Re: YODA HALL OF FAME!!!

I wonder if instead of nominating people to the hall of fame, we should nominate performances/events?? Like BHP picking Cilic at the 2014 USO. or coming from way behind to win one of our competitions. or scoring 2100 points in a GSFT event.
What do you think?

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

That's more like the performance of the year

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

OK, to clarify a bit:

A few of us were thinking that this year we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of the Yoda Crew being formed, not to mention an amazingly successful year on Tennis Draw Challenge which has run four big competitions. It seems like a good time to open a Yoda Crew Hall of Fame.

As a side note it would be nice to have all the competition winners over the years and the Hall of Fame displayed somewhere more permanent than a Forum post and I'm happy to put all this on my website, at least as a temporary measure.

As Edu says, membership of the Hall of Fame would be a special honour not given out lightly. The winner should have some significant achievements in our competitions and/or have made a significant contribution to the group. Membership of the Hall of Fame should be decided by a democratic vote of members of the Yoda Crew.

Given that the Yoda Crew was originally formed by a group of GSFT players on this website, fighting for the Yoda Cup, to celebrate the group's history we thought that this year, only Yoda Cup Gurus would be eligible for the Hall of Fame. I believe that I am correct in saying this is Don (2012), Tono (2013), Dragan (2014&2016), Wimbledonut (2015). This is only for this year's entry and in future, different criteria will be used to draw up the shortlist.

The timeframe would be something like:

November

Anyone may nominate a member of the Yoda Crew who fits the eligibility criteria, giving their reasons. Nominations must be a truly convincing case and do their best to outline all of that member's major achievements. Nomination deadline 1st December.

December

If a nomination or nominations are received, the nominated member(s) are put up for election: the Yoda Crew are invited to cast a vote. Yoda Crew may cast a vote for a nominated individual or cast a NO vote i.e. no-one should be inducted. If no-one is nominated or if no-one receives a clear majority in the vote no-one is inducted into the Hall of Fame that year. Voting closes on the 31st of December with the announcement made in the New Year.

Entry into the Hall of Fame is an occasional event, not an annual one, reflecting its special status.

I would be happy to receive any nominations and to organise the voting, but I would be quite happy for someone else to do this. Members are free to express their opinions on the criteria required for entry to the Hall of Fame but voting should be secret and respect shown at all times!

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

PS This is a suggestion for the format! There was broad agreement on this from a few of us, but as Edu says we are opening this up so everyone can have a say!!

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

Hi Yoda Crew

So, one member of the Crew received a nomination for entry into the Hall of Fame:

Tony Watson

Achievements

Tono has won a number of trophies in a variety of formats, including virtually all those considered to be 'majors':

Inaugural Yoda Cup Winner, Wimbledon 2011
Inaugural Vader Trophy Winner 2012
US Open Yoda Cup Winner 2013 & Yoda Crew POTY 2013
Yoda Guru Race Winner 2013
Inaugural Obi Wan Winner 2015
R2D2 Winner 2015
Yoda Crew POTY 2015
Inaugural Padme runner-up 2016

Contributions

Tono was an inaugural member of the Yoda Crew. He has played an important role in growing the Crew, encouraging new recruits and posting the Darth News reports. He has also played an important role in the creation of Tennis Draw Challenge, as the finance and admin officer.

Voting

All Yoda Crew are entitled to vote on entrance to the Hall of Fame, forum email to me would be the easiest method. This year you have 2 options:

1. Tony should enter the Hall of Fame in 2016
2. No-one should enter the Hall of Fame in 2016

Voting takes place over December with results announced in January.

Peace out.

*We now hand over to the Master of Ceremonies on this unique occasion in the world of Fantasy Tennis*

I can officially and belatedly announce the results of the inaugural Hall of Fame vote (cue Star Wars music, as Princess Leia readies her medals, don't expect anything if you're a wookie).

After an intense campaign that motivated the electorate (in case you can't tell from my English reserve, this is dripping with heavy sarcasm), I can announce that Tony 'Tono' Watson is the first member of the Yoda Crew to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. He achieved a whopping 86% of the votes cast. Congratulations Tony!

I think it's likely that we will now leave the Hall of Fame for at least a couple of years before we revisit nominations. That gives us all some time to get some victories under our belts! Happy picking!

*Almost overcome with emotion, Mr Watson rises from his chair and approaches the stage, from where we expect him to make a short speech*

Tony "Tono" Watson approaches the stage, beaming from ear to ear as he hears the news of his Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame induction, he shakes the hand of Darth News, the intrepid Yoda reporter, as he walks on stage and grabs the microphone............

"First of all, I'd like to thank the entire Yoda Crew, for without them and this great fantasy tennis league being born, I would not be here today to celebrate being the inaugural inductee into the Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame, it is a great feeling to be honoured by your peers and fellow Yoda Crew competitors and I would like to personally thank each and every one of them for their friendship and their competitive fantasy tennis rivalry since this great group was formed at Wimbledon in 2011, I now look forward to continuing my love of fantasy tennis and the great rivalry and friendship we have among this group for many years to come, I have enjoyed a great deal of success among this quality group since it's inception in 2011, however after a winless 2016 season I am very keen to get my hands on some more Yoda Crew silverware in 2017, thank you all once again for your vote, it is a great privilege and honour for me to be the first inductee into the Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame, I look forward with much anticipation to seeing who the next Hall Of Fame inductee will be, MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!" big_smile

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

*wipes tear away while clapping*

You stole my lead, Arvis kkkkk

*whipes tear, stands up, slow claps*

*whispers something to his wife next to him, almost openly sobbing now as the roaring ovation continues*

Haha....thanks guys, thank you very much! wink

The ultimate Jedi, Master Yoda himself, approaches Tono shakes his hand and says "Hall Of Famer you are." tongue

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Tono wrote:

Haha....thanks guys, thank you very much! wink

The ultimate Jedi, Master Yoda himself, approaches Tono shakes his hand and says "Hall Of Famer you are." tongue

ok, I liked this one

OMFG!!!  Are you kidding me?

Don--2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

OMFG!!!  Are you kidding me?

*overheard Darth Vader saying this to a General from the Empire. Said General now laying face down in his own entrails.*

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU