Re: THE VADER TROPHY! (Vader League 2017)

It won't last much longer though hmm.......Rafa v Nick coming up for me, I took Kyrgios in Vader as well as Rafa because the Aussie likes to play the big boys on the big stage, it wouldn't shock me at all if he beats Nadal in Madrid.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

So I decided to swap out Fognini for ARV on my rome team at the very last minute... not a good choice... ieieie!!

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Hmm...not what we expect from the world #1

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Dwight gets the #1 ranking and immediately starts playing like crap.  Hmmm....   tongue

Just like my hero, Andy Murray...

Congrats to all the Zverev pickers in Rome in Vader.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

HOWEVER did I end up picking Donald Young!?!?! I didn't even pick him to win the bracket!!! Puzzled....

^ Same way I ended up with Caroline Garcia in the final and on my Padme team, maybe?

Arvis wrote:

^ Same way I ended up with Caroline Garcia in the final and on my Padme team, maybe?

At least you were consistent! And anyway CG is a better bet than DY these days!! smile

I see I'm not the only one who thought using a Federer pick this week might be worthwhile. tongue

Well i really thought of that because I have 7 picks left for Roger and not sure he is gonna play more than 7 other tournaments this year. But i sacrificed those 250 to try to avoid the bad choice when it comes. This happens when you got only 1 pick left for 2 MS1000 tournaments and you dont which one to pick..

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

Murrys Flurrys almost achieved a Perfect Team in ATP Beijing.  Good grief.  They'll be someone to watch in Vader in 2018.

Edu gained a couple hundred points on current Lord Vader Dwight in Tokyo, but he's still outside the Top 5.  Dwight remains 2000 points ahead of 2nd place TE.  It's unlikely he will be caught.

Tono, TE, and BHP all lost RBA today in Shanghai.  Not good for TE, whose prospects of creating a legendary comeback win over Dwight just took a huge hit.

Well it looks good, I admit, but I wish I had your confidence Arvis! I'm afraid I'm all out of tricks. TE is 1880 pts behind me, but he's got some key picks left I do not.  With two 500's and a 1000 tournament still left to play, anything is possible!

Not a single person has all of their players left in Shanghai.  The few who avoided the Kyrgios bomb all had Pouille and got Fabio'd.

TE still down a player to Dwight, who's currently in first place what a shock.

smile

So, Thexc ended up with the best Shanghai team last week, breaking 2000 points.  Thexc is at the #10 spot in the Vader rankings, but with 12 fewer teams than most of the rest of the Yoda Crew.  Unbelievable.  Four of us have the ignominious feat of being ranked below Thexc with 12 more teams under our belts: Spotec, Snolly, Tenedab, and myself.  Woof.

Incidentally, current Vader frontrunner Dwight had the second-best team with 1900 points, despite not having Shanghai runner-up Nadal on his team.  That's a further 385 points he gained on his closest competition, TE.

Hmm, I detect a bit of a trend brewing on TDC roll

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

5 lose Coric in Moscow, including the current Top 4 in Vader: Dwight, TE, HTS, and Tono.  Now's your chance, Adunar!

Sure. Gonna nake up 5000 points in moscow!!!

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

GOOOOOOOO Adunar!

So TE killed me last week at the 500s in Vienna and Basel, closing the gap by 1390 points.  I start the final week in Paris with a 565 point lead over TE.  If one of us has picked the winner and the other hasn't, that could well decide it.  We have only 2 picks in common:  Del Potro and Pouille.

TE has Isner, Gasquet, Tsonga, KAnderson
I have ARV, AZverev, Schwartzman, Cilic

This might come down to Cilic vs Tsonga.

Gooooooooooooooo Croatia!!!

This is so exciting! Is it wrong  that it’s more engaging than the actual tournament!?

Drivers wrote:

This is so exciting! Is it wrong  that it’s more engaging than the actual tournament!?

LOL I know what you mean Drivers. This is a 10 month tournament coming down to a final showdown!

Good Luck Charles!

TennisElbow wrote:
Drivers wrote:

LOL I know what you mean Drivers. This is a 10 month tournament coming down to a final showdown!

Good Luck Charles!

Jamie, you are a bigger man than I.  In my heart I wish nothing but pestilence and misfortune on your picks... but ok, fine, good luck!!