Topic: THIS SITE IS LAME and that's a compliment!

How weak can you possibly be???   The ATP fantasy game has over 20,000 players.  This site has fewer than 500.  The largest reason for that is an UTTER failure to promote the game. 

A smaller part of it is that the prize is stupid and meaningless.  Give the winner a free trip for two to the Grand Slam of his or her choice and free tickets for every day including the finals, Scrooge!!!   

The game itself is interesting -- but that doesn't make up for the COMPLETE failure to engage tennis fans worldwide.

NOT BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION IS THIS SITE WORTH THE MONEY BEING PAID TO MAINTAIN IT.
THE GRAND SLAMS ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF BY WHOEVER RUNS THIS LAME SITE.

SHAME ON THE GRAND SLAMS!!!   
IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO?????????????????????????????

Re: THIS SITE IS LAME and that's a compliment!

Brilliant comment, DropshotKing.  You're the man!!!

We're just a small group of people who love the game, not a huge multinational organization with millions of dollars. We encourage you to give it a try and help us spread the word.

Thanks for your lovely attitude.  I, too, love the game.  That's why it pains me to see the ONLY game allowed by the Grand Slam tourneys with virtually no one here.

While I'm undeniably popular in some circles, I'm not Barack Obama -- so I'm not so popular that I can fix the problem myself.  Thanks for thinking I could somehow, I guess; HOWEVER... 

The ONLY WAY the MANY other people who love the game will be here with us is if the Grand Slam websites PROMOTE the game and furnish a link to it.  It makes absolutely no sense that these huge tourneys will not allow the AFT to include the Grand Slams in its game anymore (as of this year) -- leaving this the only game in town, so to speak -- and then don't tell anybody about it.  Frankly, it makes me very angry.

I did get my friends and family to play and most of our picks have been erased as this site explains there was a glitch if you made your picks on Friday. I have enjoyed this comp in the past but I won't be inviting anyone to join in the future.

Anybody can suffer a glitch, and they did send out an e-mail notifying folks of it -- but the window was short.  I know it must be frustrating to find your picks erased. 

Oddly enough, I had a similar thing happen to me with the ATP game for Rome recently.  Though I made my picks, including 3 minor changes, hit "save" and was under the impression everything was OK, it turned out that somehow I wasn't properly connected to the site and so I was shown as not having made any picks.  I discovered this when I went to see how I was doing after the first few Sunday matches.  This was particularly disappointing because the ATP game is a cumulative year-long competition.  What a bummer!

So I'm fairly understanding about the glitch here.  But I am not happy that it's impossible to learn about this game at the Grand Slam websites.  That really sucks IMHO.

Hi Davi,

We're very sorry about that. We did a lot of work on the site between the Australian Open and now, and as a result a few bugs got in to our system that we missed. We are creating a backend tool that will let me quickly fix that for you, and I will have everything back to normal soon.

Thanks,
Charles

Hey guys,

I think your website is fabulous. The concept of selection 8 players (with additional caveats) is extremely refreshing, and a nice twist on the more common bracket challenge format.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks mskaff!

With the scoring changes adopted last year, winning no longer requires having picked the right winner before the tournament starts.  To me, the current format seems great and much better than the Masters Series bracket format.

An opinion has been expressed that the match picks should be separate from the team picks.  Of course, separating them would mean twice as many winners, which obviously has a certain appeal. 

Speaking only for myself, though, I like it the way it is.  To win, you have to do well at both your team picks and your match picks, which guarantees a winner who has done a lot of things right.  That seems perfect to me.

Last edited by DonDenman (Feb. 1, 2011 6:20pm)

I agree it's a good site and good concept but perhaps a better prize (it doesnt have to be worth a million dollars)

This was my first tournament,and I realy like the concept of the competicion.You should not separate match prediction.

Last edited by Guga (Jun. 4, 2011 6:33pm)

Thanks so much for the kind words about the site!

I've tried many fantasy tennis games so far but this is BY FAR the best of the lot. Too bad there aren't many people though.

The only thing I'd improve about the actual game is that the match prediction should start earlier. I hate waiting until the 4th round to predict. It'd be more fun if we could predict earlier, even if it was unlikely we would get many correct.

Still, a good game.