Re: Official Wimbledon Fantasy Site

Since you wondered, two of the categories give you comparatively few points, so you trade out both of the others that are not your wildcard every day.  Well, usually, anyway.  But not always,  I was last after R1 because I had not figured it out yet.  Now I'm 158th for the entire site.  Too bad I didn't get it the first two days.

Don--2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

Since you wondered, two of the categories give you comparatively few points, so you trade out both of the others that are not your wildcard every day.  Well, usually, anyway.  But not always,  I was last after R1 because I had not figured it out yet.  Now I'm 158th for the entire site.  Too bad I didn't get it the first two days.

Yeah good point, I should have went with Isner and Raonic for as many days as possible. Game turned out to be kind of imbalanced but good lateral thinking!

I finished with 1791 points in 144th place overall.   I had been hoping to crash into the top 100, but couldn't manage it.  It was fun,  though.

Oops, I kinda forgot about this competition. sad

Very nice, Don!

Final standings for GSFT players:

1    Dropshot Kings    1791
2    Tono    1539
3    Tomxc    1527
4    TennisElbow    1381
5    Adunar    1313
6    dwightcharles    1260
7    Arvis    951
8    Ali G    886
9    Snollygoster    791
10    Team RafaRafaRafa    778
11    MIKETM732    652
12    Wimbledonut    574
13    backhandpass    533

Well, VERY obviously, you weren't the only one who forgot about it, Arvis, as you came 7th.  Looks like only 6 of us actually played the game.  Had we been the only 6 in the league, we would have finished very far up the chart in the league of leagues.  However, the 7 who blew it off prevented that.

Well, I mean, I was playing up until the semifinals and had my Player set for that, but then I failed to make any changes beyond that.

-Arvis