Re: The 2013 US Open is on the way!

chuck_norris8 wrote:
Camdawg wrote:

I don't admire her, and I wish she would have lost. I find Serena to be so immature. I don't care how dominant she is; she's a big baby.

I COMPLETELY agree

Triples.  The day of her retirement will be the happiest day of my tennis life.

-Arvis

Arvis wrote:
chuck_norris8 wrote:
Camdawg wrote:

I don't admire her, and I wish she would have lost. I find Serena to be so immature. I don't care how dominant she is; she's a big baby.

I COMPLETELY agree

-Arvis

.....Unless she becomes a commentator.

Adunar wrote:

...by the way, you're going to be jealous johnny. I just booked some the Davis Cup WG PLay-Off next Sunday: Switzerland-Ecuador. Hopefully going to see Stan there!

Have fun Arnaud! Stan better play, you'll get through easily if he does.

Lucky_Loser wrote:
Arvis wrote:
chuck_norris8 wrote:

I COMPLETELY agree

-Arvis

.....Unless she becomes a commentator.

-Arvis

Lets go Joke! You'll notice Johnny that this is one of the few times I'll go against Rafa.

NEVER GO AGAINST RAFA!  sad

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Jolivegarden wrote:

Lets go Joke! You'll notice Johnny that this is one of the few times I'll go against Rafa.

Well like I said previously I hope they both lose cause I can't stand either one of them.
But if the joker wins I won't be last place in my league so I suppose I am with you jolivegarden

boooo and hissssss.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16

I'm sorry bhp. I would usually support Rafa but I have Joke winning so...

If the joker wins I will probably jump ahead of a ton of people.

Last edited by Jolivegarden (Sep. 9, 2013 4:34pm)

in that case I do understand jgarden.

backhandpass wrote:

boooo and hissssss.

Buwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well, Rafa won. Even though my ranking plummeted I'm happy for him! (Awaiting Yoda cup invite smile )

That's my boy Nadal!! Made my point suffer even more on here but couldn't be happier!! AMAZING Open!!!!!!

Rafa back to his best, and this time last year I questioned whether he would come back from his injury, and with the same hunger.... whata foolish thought that turned out to be...

This time last year, I was saying Rafa should quit playing on hard courts altogether so as to prolong his career.
I take it back!!!

It is absolutely brilliant the way Rafa changed his game to make himself more effective on hard courts and to minimize the wear and tear on his knees.  Utter genius, really.

Rafa is playing the best tennis of his life -- and there is no question about who the #1 player in the world is. 
It damn sure isn't Novak Djokovic.

chuck_norris8 wrote:
Camdawg wrote:

I COMPLETELY agree

Count me in with a YES also....

Don---2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

This time last year, I was saying Rafa should quit playing on hard courts altogether so as to prolong his career.
I take it back!!!

I agree...I really thought his knee and legs could not take that level of abuse.  Physically, an amazing athlete.

So much Serena hate!! I don't really see the whole immature thing at all. Is it because she is vocal on the court and expresses herself? Then I'd expect to see a lot of Murray and Djokovic haters here as well.

I think Serena and Sharapova are VERY much alike.  They look totally different from one another, play very different games from one another and their personalities SEEM different, but down deep they are exactly the same person.

@ Jolivegarden, Wimbledonut & chuck_norris8:
You may have been automatically bounced from Yoda Cup.  If so, that would be because, in order to be a member of Yoda Cup, you must have Auto-pick turned OFF.  In order to do this, you will need to click on Account Options in the yellow box at the top right.

Scroll down to the very last question right above your avatar image.  It says: "If you forget to select the winner of a match, would you like us to automatically select the higher seeded/ranked player for you?"  Click on "No." 

Let me know when you have made this change & I will send you another invitation to Yoda Cup.

I sent this in the form of an e-mail to two of you, but Wimbledonut has not enabled e-mails, so I have to do it here.

Hey, I figured out about the auto select thing. I think I fixed it. I still had the invite so I just reacepted it and it seems to be working now.

Don---2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

@ Jolivegarden, Wimbledonut & chuck_norris8:
You may have been automatically bounced from Yoda Cup.  If so, that would be because, in order to be a member of Yoda Cup, you must have Auto-pick turned OFF.  In order to do this, you will need to click on Account Options in the yellow box at the top right.

Scroll down to the very last question right above your avatar image.  It says: "If you forget to select the winner of a match, would you like us to automatically select the higher seeded/ranked player for you?"  Click on "No." 

Let me know when you have made this change & I will send you another invitation to Yod
a Cup.

I sent this in the form of an e-mail to two of you, but Wimbledonut has not enabled e-mails, so I have to do it here.

I need another invite Don

2 OF THE 3 ON BOARD!!!
WIMBLEDONUT, WHERE ARE YOU???

Last edited by Don---2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Sep. 11, 2013 1:44am)

I was quiet suprised that Feder was out before the semis! On the other hand he is getting older (as we have all seen in Brett Farv), and with age comes ALOT of bad things! smile
P.S. no offense to any older people

Federer hasn't played well all year.  I don't know whether it's age or the responsibilities of having children & an empire to run.  Whatever it is, he was the highest paid athlete in the world (who is not a boxer, & they don't really get all that much of the money themselves) last year, so don't feel too sorry for him. 

As for us old guys, all me to assure you that getting old beats the hell out of the alternative.   cool